Advanced Course for Lighting Design - Level I
This course is intended to prepare the target persons with the ability to understand Lighting design basics and recognize different methods for lighting design.
The target Persons:
Design engineers, new graduate engineers, under graduate engineering students, site field engineers, maintenance engineers and technicians.
On completion of this course the target person will be able to:
- Understand the concepts, terminology and basics for lighting design,
- Use different methods for lighting design,
- Understand lighting design requirements for different activates,
- Use different software programs for lighting design.
- Use different worksheets and calculators for lighting design,
- Design a lighting branch circuit.
- Interior lighting design methods:
- Lumen (Room Cavity) method, (Part One) (Part Two)
- Point by point method,
- Watts per square foot method.
- Lighting design for indoor activates like:
- Residential Facilities,
- Office Facilities,
- Health care Facilities,
- Warehouses Facilities,
- Industrial Facilities,
- Commercial Facilities,
- Common and public spaces.
- Lighting design for Outdoor activates like:
- General lighting
- Accent lighting
- Orientation lighting
- Floodlighting (Part One) (Part Two) (Part Three) (Part Four)
- Street & Roadway lighting
- Sports lighting
- Outdoor lighting design Methods:
- The point-by-point method,
- The beam-lumen method, which include: IES method & CIE method.
- Isolux Diagram Method,
- Computer Aided Design.
- Emergency lighting design
- Software programs for Indoor lighting design like:
- Calculux (Part One) (Part Two) (Part Three) (Part Four) (Part Five) (Part Six) (Part Seven)
- Worksheets, tools and calculators for Indoor lighting design:
- GE Lighting Assistant 3.0
- Siemens lighting calculator
- Internal lighting calculator
- The Lighting Calculator Ver.2.20
- Software programs for Outdoor lighting design like:
- Visual Professional Edition 2.6 (Part One) (Part Two) (Part Three) (Part Four) (Part Five) (Part Six)
- CalcuLux Area
- DiaLux Red Version
- Design a Lighting Branch Circuit.
the next course will be Course Light-3 : Advanced Course for Lighting Design - Level II.