This course is intended to prepare the target persons with the ability to understand and recognize different types, components, theory of operation and applications of All Electrical Motors.
The target Persons:
Design engineers, new graduate engineers, under graduate engineering students, site field engineers, maintenance engineers and technicians.
On completion of this course the target person will be able to:
· Understand the technology, concepts and terminology of Electrical Motors.
· Recognize different types, theory of operation, components and accessories of Electrical Motors.
· Specify correctly any type of Electrical Motors for certain applications.
1. A Brush DC motors
- Permanent Magnet
- Separately excited DC motor
- Universal Motor
- Servo Motors
1. B Brushless DC motors
Second:- Ac Motors
- Permanent Split Capacitor (Capacitor Run) AC Induction Motor
- Capacitor Start/Capacitor Run AC Induction Motor
1.A.3 - Universal motor
1.C.1 Repulsion motor
2.B- DC-excited motors.
2.C- Stepper motor
- Variable-Reluctance Step Motors
- Permanent-Magnet-Rotor Step Motors
- Hybrid Permanent-Magnet Step Motors
Third: Linear Motors
- The power supply
- System requirements
- Motor class
- Motor insulation type
- Bearing type
- Method of mounting the motor
- The cost and size of the motor
- Method of speed control
- Environmental conditions
Second: DC Motor Selection Procedures.
the next Course about Motors will be Motor-2 "The Motor Advanced Course". please, keep following.