With domestic and international exchanges increase, in recent years, conference calls, video conferencing and digital conference system (DCN) has developed rapidly. Conferencing systems are widely used for conference centers, hotels, groups and government agencies. Conference system can be used as a conference discussion system, a voting system, a simultaneous interpretation system and a TV conference system.
But in this course we will focus on conference system as an Audio type system used as conference discussion systems and other types such as simultaneous interpretation system and a TV conference system will be explained later in other courses.
Conference Systems components:
1- Input stage:
the input stage in conference systems include the following equipment:
- Microphones (wired or wireless)
- Recording device
For more information about Microphones, please follow the link.
2- Intermediate stage:
the intermediate stage in conference systems include the following equipment:
- Audio amplifier (boosters)
- Power supply
- Control unit: (see fig.1)Acting as the system hub it controls all aspects of the system using microprocessor technology. Intelligent functionality includes automatic speaker list, chairman priority, audio level control, remote controlling and more.
fig (1): Control Unit
- Internal speakers
- Loud speakers
- Ceiling speakers
For more information about output stage speakers and how to select the right types among them, please review the following previous topic:
4- Main equipment units:
Chairman unit:(see fig.2) it comes in (3) different types as follows:
fig (2):Chairman unit
- It can be a typical delegate unit without any control to other delegate units.
- It can have a partially control to other delegate units with a priority button.
- It can have a full control to other delegate units with control panel having lot of permission keys.
Delegate units: (see fig.3) it comes in (2) different types as follows:
fig (3): Delegate units
- It contains microphone and talk button and in this case there is internal speakers in the conference hall.
- It contains microphone, talk button and built in internal speakers and in this case speakers in the conference halls may be cancelled.
Purpose of Audio Conference Systems:
The main usage for Audio conference system is providing a Direct Connection between Conference's Chairmen and the Conference's Delegates.
Audio Conference Systems types:
Audio Conference System Is Divided into Three Main Systems according To the Method of Control of the direct Connection between chairman ans delegates as follows:
- Open Conference Systems.
- Partially Open Conference Systems.
- Controlled Conference Systems.
1- Open Conference Systems:
This system is suitable for conferences with a limited number of delegate to speech each other without any control of the conference's chairman and it is ideal for small-to-medium-scale meeting areas, such as town halls, local business centers and courtrooms.
The sound system permits every delegate to speech to other delegates and chairman by switching on a talk button in his unit and talk through his microphone and if he wants to finish his speech, he will switch off the same button to switch off his speech circuit.
Types of open conference systems:
1- without internal and External broadcasting:see fig.4
In This Case Delegate And Chairman Unit Contains Microphone , Talk Button and internal loud speakers.
In this type, the external broadcasting is provided by adding a remote loud speaker to different remote locations while the internal broadcasting is done by using one of the following methods:
- The addition of Side Sound Columns in the conference Hall (see fig.5) and in this case Delegate And Chairman Unit Contains only the Microphone and Talk Button.
- Or Providing the Delegates and Chairman Units with an Internal Speaker (Recommended) and In This Case Delegate and Chairman Unit will contain the Microphone and Talk Button and internal speaker. (see fig.6)
4-with U shape: see fig.7
In this system we use a central power amplifier to connect the system with a remote microphone (which may be belong to the chairman and may be a wireless microphone)