the speakers generally can be classified to different categories from different point of views like type, usage , installation ,.... but the important classification is the one according to sound propagation which determine the possibility to use the speaker in a a certain place or not .
- Unidirectional speakers.
- Omnidirectional speakers.
- round reflex horn loudspeaker.
- Square reflex horn loudspeaker.
- Cylindrical dynamic loudspeaker.
- Spherical dynamic loudspeaker.
- wall mount loudspeaker.
- Ceiling mount loudspeaker.
- two-ways box speakers.
- three-ways box speakers.
- four-ways box speakers
- Sound column.
speaker specifications generally include basically:
- Speaker type
- Rated power maximum: input power before destroying the loudspeaker; it is never the sound output the loudspeaker produces.
- Impedance :typically 4 Ω (ohms), 8 Ω, etc.
- Baffle or enclosure type.
- Number of drivers : two-way, three-way, etc.
- Crossover frequency: for multi-driver systems only– The nominal frequency boundaries of the division between drivers.
- Frequency response.
- Maximum SPL : The highest output the loudspeaker can manage.